Tropical Rainforest Heritage Of Sumatra Animals
As of 2011 UNESCO placed the Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra on the Danger List to help overcome further threats of deforestation and extinction of species.
Tropical rainforest heritage of sumatra animals. Animal diversity in TRHS is also impressive with 201 mammal species and some 580 species of birds of which 465 are resident and 21 are endemics. Gunung Leuser National Park is a tropical rainforest heritage of Sumatra. The site holds the greatest potential for long term conservation of the distinctive and diverse biota of Sumatra including many endangered species.
1167 Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra. Illegal logging agriculture encroachment and also one of the most common threats is natural disasters. With such increased awareness of the dangers this ecosystem is facing the Indonesian government has implemented regulations and programs to stop the devastation in this ecosystem.
There are many threats that the Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra face. Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra. It harbours an estimated 10000 species of plants 201 mammal species and 580 species of birds including the worlds largest flower Rafflesia arnoldi and its tallest flower Amorphophallus titanium together with iconic large mammals such as the endemic Sumatran orang-utan Sumatran tiger and Sumatran rhino.
The Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra site was recorded as an UNESCO World Heritage site in 2004. The Sumatran Tropical Rainforest Heritage Gunung Leuser National Park is one of the richest tropical rainforests in Southeast Asia. Over 200 mammal species have also been documented some 580 different birds and countless other life forms.
There has been natural disasters that have effected the rainforest including earthquakes and rarely tsunamis. It is estimated that the Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra sites hold 10000 species of plants including oddities like the enormous Rafflesia the largest flower on Earth. Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra Gunung Leuser National Park.
The 25 million hectare Tropical Rainforest Heritage of Sumatra site comprises three national parks. Many of these species are endemic to the area. The site comprises three Indonesian national parks on the island of Sumatra.
- Realistic Ocean Animals Coloring Pages
- Rdr2 Legendary Animals Map Online
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies Tennessee
- Renal Failure In Cats Treatment
- Rainforest Animals List Pdf
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Oregon
- Renees Teddy Bear Puppies Wisconsin
- Rainforest Animals And Plants Names
- Raining Cats And Dogs Synonym
- Red Golden Retriever Puppies For Sale Ontario
- Red German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In California
- Raining Cats And Dogs Meaning
- Rainforest Animals Ks2 Video
- Rare Cat Breeds Of The World
- Red Poodle Puppies Uk
- Red Animals Vit E Selenium
- Red German Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Texas
- Red German Shepherd Puppies Missouri
- Revolution For Cats Ear Mites
- Red Poodle Puppies Arizona