Cats With Down Syndrome Life Expectancy
This anomaly is called Down syndrome.
Cats with down syndrome life expectancy. She has a severe seizure disorder which has grown worse over the years now stablized with meds and also has heart problems. If the mother has already has a child with Downs syndrome the risk of having another child with this syndrome is around 1 in 100 4. In some texts its 10 - 15 years and in other statistics its 7 - 14 years.
While these issues may appear to be Down syndrome-like cats cannot be born with this chromosomal rarity. But I want a cat that can stay with the family for many years and I know that the life expectancy of cats varies according to their race. Her speach what there is sounds a lot like Pebbles Flintstone for lack of a better discription.
The numbers may seem low but they represent the average lifespan of healthy well-cared-for cats unfortunate individuals who died due to disease or accident and everybody in between. Since cats have only 19 pairs they cannot develop trisomy in chromosomal coupling 21. Similar to human Down syndrome life expectancy is reduced and motor skills can become more challenging with age.
If you think this is an issue with your cat speak to your vet Unless a CH cat has other health issues her life expectancy is the same as a cats without CH. As such people living with Down Syndrome require life-long support especially when it comes to managing their finances and medical appointments. For this reason the cats affected with such abnormalities have a very short lifespan.
One of the major factors that control the average lifespan of a cat is its breed. However outdoor cats totally have the freedom to explore the world as they want. I have googled Downs in cats but there really is not much info available and the only info is on the co-ordination side which says that they can get worse as theyget older but no reason why a cat with downs shouldnt live as long as a cat without.
Usually the fetuses are stillborn or die during mid-pregnancy. A person with Down Syndrome has an IQ of between 35-69 which is significantly lower than the UK average of 100. In 2007 on average persons with Down syndrome lived to be about 47 years old.
- How Much Is It To Get A Puppys Ears Cropped
- How Much Does A Golden Retriever Puppy Cost In California
- How Much Do Cavapoo Puppies Cost
- Herbivores Animals Name List In Hindi
- How Much Is A Labrador Retriever Puppy Cost
- Hollywood Animals Movies Videos
- How To Keep Cats Away From Christmas Tree
- How Many Animals Can You See
- Hermitage Museum Russia Cats
- Husky Puppies For Adoption Colorado
- Herding Cats Budweiser Commercial
- How Big Will My Labradoodle Puppy Get Calculator
- Herding Cats Puzzle 224 Pieces
- How To Help Animals Affected By California Wildfires 2020
- Husky Puppies For Adoption Mn
- How Animals Saved My Life
- How Can I Stop My Puppy Biting Me All The Time
- How Do Amphibians Body Covering
- How Big Will My Labrador Puppy Get Calculator
- Hoobly Doberman Puppies Florida